SPIRITUAL LIFE COMMISSION
The SPIRITUAL LIFE COMMISSION plans, creates and implements opportunities for spiritual growth and renewal. Some of their tasks include:
- Develop programs and materials for various liturgical seasons
- Plan special offerings such as parish missions, retreats, guest speakers, etc.
- Spiritual Formation: RCIA, Confirmation, Adult Spiritual Education.
- Youth ministry: Boy / Girl Scouts, Youth group, Religious Education, Children's Sunday Liturgy, Vacation Bible School.
- Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP), Bible Studies, etc.
The WORSHIP COMMISSION advises and serves as a sounding board as to the style and quality of our parish worship. Some of their tasks include:
- Recruitment, training and ongoing formation of liturgical ministers (includes Lectors, Eucharistic Ministers, Servers, Sacristans, Musicians, Greeters and Ushers.)
- Creation and care of environment in all areas of the church buildings.
Decoration of the worship spaces for the liturgical seasons.
- Advise staff regarding music and worship for various seasons and occasions.
CHRISTIAN SERVICE AND OUTREACH COMMISSION
The CHRISTIAN SERVICE AND OUTREACH COMMISSION promotes our
preferential option for the poor.
- Service outreach: Giving Tree, Condolence Cards, Haiti, Parish Nurses, St. Vincent de Paul Society, Habitat, Blood drives, Rice Bowl, Special Collections, Altar Society, Men's Club, Christian Adults Staying Healthy (CASH).
The HOSPITALITY COMMISSION develops and encourages a warm and welcoming atmosphere within the community. Tasks and events they manage:
- Refreshments for Parish social events.
- Welcoming and farewell receptions for Clergy and Staff.
- Parish Guide Book/Directory.
Bereavement Dinners for funerals.
- Welcome visits for new parishioners.
The SCHOOL BOARD oversees the many elements of our elementary and pre-school programs. Some of their tasks include:
- Assist in the formulation of school policies in coordination with parish and diocesan policies.
- Preparation of an annual budget for the school and the pre-school.
- Serve as an advisor to the Principal and Pastor/PLC.
- Provide communications with organizations and activities within the school.
The FINANCE COMMISSION oversees the fiscal matters of the parish. Their tasks include:
- Assisting the Pastor/PLC in planning and managing the annual parish budget.
- Regular review of the parish financial statements.
- Manage the annual CPC appeal as well as any other capital campaigns in effect.
The DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION is responsible for exploring and managing the various possibilities for long term development.
The ADMINISTRATION COMMISSION works to administer and care for parish goods. Some areas of management are:
- Care and maintenance of parish buildings and grounds.
- Development of long term facility projects.
- Oversee the establishment and revision of administrative policies.